Wednesday, June 12, 2013

History Hunter Visits

Richie Castro, AKA, the History Hunter, came to see us yesterday. What a treat for us all. His presentations are meant to, "Encourage diversity and acceptance of our world's cultures through art, music and theater." He hit his mark yesterday when he told us the story of Elk Medicine. Ask your child to retell you the story. The story is a Navaho legend about music.

The students LOVED this assembly. Comments:
I liked the music. – Rapheal
I liked when he played Elvis. – Gurbir

He’s funny –Tushaan, David 
 
I liked the part when he told the story Elk Medicine. – Andrew
Thank you for letting him come. It was really fun. – DeAnna
When we all danced, it was awesome. La’Ryan 
 
Thank you for letting that crazy cuckoo guy come here. – Jade
  liked the part when he asked the teachers to dance because Mrs. Standlee was shaking it up. – Daniela
 
I liked the part when he said, about friends. - Aaron
I liked the Disco Dance. Amarvir
I liked the songs. –Sydney
That was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.- Jonah
Thank you for playing music, - Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment